Monday, May 5, 2014

The Beginning

I have always traveled with a journal on all of my adventures, and felt that fulfilled my desire to save all of my memories, thoughts, and experiences. That was up until recently I wanted to share my stories instead of keeping them to myself.

My name is Eliza Amory, I am 18 years old, live in Portland, Maine, and just finished my freshman year at Syracuse University. I have traveled to 16 different countries...
Canada, Costa Rica, The Bahamas, The British Virgin Island, France, Ireland, Scotland, England, Germany, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Spain and Italy.
I lived in Spain when I was 16 for 5 months and Italy when I was 18 for 3 months. I am off on my next adventure in one week, I leave for Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos; and will be traveling there for a month.

I caught the travel bug when I was 16 years old and first traveled abroad to Spain and lived with a host family in the small city of Alicante. The thrill I got from being exposed to a completely new culture was addicting and from that moment on I have never been truly settled in one place for longer than a few months. I have fallen in love with traveling and the beautiful people and things that I have been able to see on my journey. Not one experience compares to another, and every place has something uniquely beautiful to see. Traveling has opened my eyes to what it means to live. As St. Augustine once said “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” So I hope that this blog inspires at least one person to leave their comfort zone, become more than a "tourist" and read the whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment